Narendra Modi Stadium IPL Records
The Narendra Modi Stadium is a cricket stadium located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. With a seating capacity of more than 132,000, it is one of the largest cricket stadiums in the world and serves as a testament to the growing popularity of the sport in India. The stadium was earlier known as Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium/ Motera Cricket Stadium. It was officially renamed in February 2021 after the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, in recognition of his contribution to the state of Gujarat and the country as a whole. The stadium has hosted numerous high-profile cricket matches, including international fixtures and other sporting events. The state-of-the-art facilities and immense size make the Narendra Modi Stadium a premier destination for cricket fans and athletes. It is also home to the IPL team of Gujarat Titans. For betting on IPL matches at Narendra Modi Stadium, you can explore several types of IPL betting ranging from straightforward wagers, such as match outcomes, to complex in-play bets.
|Known as||Motera Gujarat Stadium, Sardar Patel Stadium|
|Ends||Adani Pavilion End, GMDC End|
|Time Zone||UTC +05:30|
|Home to||Gujarat, Gujarat Titans|
Narendra Modi Stadium IPL T20 Records
The batsmen have always enjoyed the pitch in Ahmedabad, and the dew factor makes their job even easier. For T20 matches, the Narendra Modi stadium average scores are 160 (first innings) and 137 (second innings).
The following are the IPL records set at the Narendra Modi Stadium, including the highest and lowest total innings played. Find the individual records of the best batting performance and best bowling figures with all-time leading run scorers and wicket takers.
Highest innings totals at the Narendra Modi Stadium in the IPL
|Rajasthan Royals||201||Delhi Capitals (formerly known as Delhi Daredevils)||2014|
|Rajasthan Royals||191||Punjab Kings (formerly Kings XI Punjab)||2015|
|Punjab Kings (formerly Kings XI Punjab)||191||Rajasthan Royals||2015|
|Mumbai Indians||178||Rajasthan Royals||2014|
|Rajasthan Royals||177||Chennai Super Kings||2010|
Lowest innings totals at the Narendra Modi Stadium in the IPL
|Rajasthan Royals||102||Sunrisers Hyderabad||2014|
|Punjab Kings||129||Kolkata Knight Riders||2021|
|Rajasthan Royals||130||Royal Challengers Bangalore||2015|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||134||Rajasthan Royals||2014|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||134||Rajasthan Royals||2010|
Leading IPL run scorers at the Narendra Modi Stadium in the IPL
Leading IPL wicket taker at the Narendra Modi Stadium in the IPL
Highest score by a batsman at the Narendra Modi Stadium in the IPL
|MA Agarwal||99||Delhi Capitals||2021|
|PP Shaw||82||Kolkata Knight Riders||2021|
|NV Ojha||80||Chennai Super Kings||2010|
|SPD Smith||79||Mumbai Indians||2015|
|SE Marsh||77||Rajasthan Royals||2015|
Best bowling figures by a bowler at the Narendra Modi Stadium in the IPL
|B Kumar||4 for 14||Rajasthan Royals||2014|
|SR Watson||3 for 13||Sunrisers Hyderabad||2014|
|SR Watson||3 for 21||Kolkata Knight Riders||2014|
|SW Tait||3 for 22||Delhi Capitals||2010|
|MA Starc||3 for 22||Rajasthan Royals||2015|
Narendra Modi Stadium Pitch Report
The pitch at Narendra Modi Stadium is slow. Initially, it was a bowler-friendly track, but as time passed, the surface lost its sharpness as it slowed down. Only a few Test matches have concluded here. The pitch has a tendency to remain low and slow during the first half of the game, but it gradually improves for the batters as the game progresses. Despite the relatively larger boundary dimensions, Pacers have had more success at this venue than spinners, owing to the variations and judicious use of shorter deliveries. Batters will benefit from a new pitch with decent carry off the surface and a new ball. Considering the dew factor, teams generally prefer to bowl upon winning the toss.
The betting pitch of Narendra Modi Stadium is a great choice for TATA IPL T20 cricket matches. With 65 acres of land, it’s the only stadium in the world with 11 centre pitches on the main ground.
How To Analyse The Betting Pitch of Narendra Modi Stadium
- Type of pitch: There are various pitches, including dry, dusty, green, hard, seaming, turning, and flat. Understanding the pitch type helps make decisions about team composition and strategy.
- Grass coverage: The amount of grass on the surface affects the pace and bounce of the ball. A greener pitch with more grass generally offers more assistance to fast bowlers, while a drier pitch may be better for spinners.
- Surface moisture: Moisture levels impact the grip and carry of the ball, affecting spin, swing, and pace. A moist surface helps the ball to move around more, making it challenging for batters, while a dry surface can make it easier for the ball to come onto the bat.
- Cracks and wear: Cracks and worn-out areas can change the pace, bounce, and movement of the ball, making it difficult for batters to judge.
- Weather conditions: The weather, especially temperature, and humidity, has a significant impact on the pitch, altering its behaviour throughout the match. Understanding the weather forecast and how it will impact the pitch can help captains make strategic decisions.
FAQs on Narendra Modi Stadium
- How many IPL matches have been played at Narendra Modi Stadium?
- Which IPL player recorded the highest score at the Narendra Modi Stadium?
- Which is the largest cricket stadium in India?
- Has the Narendra Modi Stadium hosted any IPL finals?
As of February 2023, the stadium has hosted two IPL matches, including the 2022 edition's finals, for which it was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest recorded match attendance of 101,566 spectators.
Jos Buttler scored 39 runs in the IPL 2022 final, giving him 863 runs for the season, the second highest in IPL history.
With a seating capacity of 132,000, Narendra Modi Stadium is India's largest stadium.
Yes, the stadium has hosted the final of the 2022 IPL tournament between Gujarat Titans and Rajasthan Royals. The newly formed Gujarat Titans won their first IPL title by defeating the Royals by seven wickets in the final.